• Meet at the Maui Downhill Headquarters located at 201 Dairy Road, Kahului HI 96732.
• Enjoy hot beverages and snacks.
• Gear up comfortably with your Downhill helmet, gloves and rain gear (if needed).
• Launch your bicycle adventure at the 6500 foot elevation mark outside of the Haleakala National Park.
• Gently descend over 21 thrilling switchbacks on the western slopes of Mount Haleakala, the world’s largest resting volcano.
• Scan the bi-coastal panoramas of Maui’s Central Valley and West Maui Mountains.
• Bask in the scents and sights of riding through pine and eucalyptus forests.
• Take memorable photos throughout the bike tour.
• Listen closely, as your expert local guides uncover secrets of the Upcountry local lifestyle and discover more about Maui’s must do things to do and see.
• Say you have been to the largest tropical aquarium in the Western Hemisphere
• Spy on the sharks and rays in the 750,000 gallon Shark Tank
• See what the divers see as you get multiple views of Hawaii’s ocean life in the walk-through tunnel
• Explore more than 60 self-paced interactive indoor air-conditioned exhibits
• Play in the multiple pools for touching and interacting with the sea life including local sea turtles
• See something you have never seen before like starfish, eels, sea horses and more
Tour Duration: Approximately 8 hours (Attention: time could vary depending on weather, season and the bike tour riders' abilities)
Maui Downhill Bike Tour Menu:
Enjoy a breakfast/lunch stop in the beautiful and historic plantation town of Hali’imaile. (Meal not included in ticket price)
Maui Ocean Center Menu:
Open daily: 10am – 4:30pm (hours may vary)
On the lighter side of dining, the quick and easy Reef Café offers an assortment of take-out, including sandwiches, salads, homemade pizzas, and hot daily specials, with open seating in a casual outdoor atmosphere. A variety of locally made snacks and desserts are also available.
Seascape Ma’alaea Restaurant
Open daily: 11:00 am – 2:30 pm
Conveniently located in Central Maui, Seascape Ma‘alaea Restaurant is a favorite among Kama‘aina and visitors alike. Our award-winning restaurant offers an enticing menu of island-inspired cuisine along with spectacular views of Ma‘alaea Harbor. It’s the perfect dining destination to relax with a refreshing Cucumber Watermelon-rita while watching for Humpback whales or surfers, depending on what season we’re in!
Hale Mea Ono Lemonade Cart
Open daily: 10am – 2:30pm
Uplift yourself with a coffee beverage or snack at Hale Mea Ono. Conveniently located in the central Harbor Plaza across from the Turtle Lagoon.
Note: Maui Ocean Center and Seascape Ma‘alaea Restaurant are available after regular hours for banquets, weddings, incentive groups, or just about any private function.
What to bring for the Downhill Bike tour:
1. Wear closed-toed rubber soled shoes
2. Wear warm clothing in layers.
3. Personal items can be stored in the Support van that will be following you the whole tour
5. Bring sunglasses
What to Bring for the Maui Ocean Center:
1. Bring non-aerosol sun protection
2. Bring your camera fully charged with data cards
3. Cash for the Maui Ocean Center Gift Store Shopping or Food Venues
4. Bring a light jacket or sweatshirt as backup
5. Bring sunglasses
||Fitted with gear. Enjoy hot beverages and pastries. Sign waivers.
||Drive up to 6500 feet on Mount Haleakala
||Safety Briefing and Safety Bike Test Drive
||Downhill Bike ride from 6500 feet to The Maui Lavender Farm with Photo taking stop
||Enjoy a breakfast/lunch stop in the beautiful and historic plantation town of Hali’imaile. (Meal not included in ticket price)
||Downhill Bike ride from The Maui Lavender Farm to Bunkers
||Depart Bunkers and Arrive at The Maui Downhill Headquarters
||At The Maui Downhill Headquarters | Drop off trailer. Return gear. Bathroom break. Fill-out reviews. Shop at Maui Downhill Gift Store.
||The Maui Ocean Center self-paced tour
Here are some guidelines and tips before you get on our bike tour:
• Wear warm clothing in layers.
• Competent riders - please, no beginners.
• Sorry, NO PREGNANT WOMEN.
• Minimum 12 years of age and riders must be between 80 to 250 lbs.
• 5 feet tall guideline height for the Bike tour portion.
• Wear close-toed rubber soled shoes.
• No Riders may participate with medical conditions that would adversely effect them in this activity.
• Free of chronic heart problems
• Have not been scuba diving within 24 hrs.
• Riders must sign acknowledgement of risk & safety form for Maui Downhill.